Your hand-created and/or computer generated entries are welcome. Desired concepts for the poster art are ideas that capture the look, feel, and character of diversity in some fashion. Contest entries are judged on originality, adherence to the theme “Celebrate Diversity”, visual and message appeal, and how the poster art captures the look, feel, and character of diversity. The use of some text is encouraged.
Poster submission dates are April 7 to April 30, 2014.
No late submissions will be allowed.
- Grand Prize: $300 gift certificate to the Tommie Shop
- First Runner Up: $200 gift certificate to the Tommie Shop
- Second Runner Up: $100 gift certificate to the Tommie Shop
Component 1: Diversity Poster
- Must be 11" wide and 17" tall.
- Must be able to be scanned into a digital document.
- Must be related to the theme: “Celebrating Diversity”.
- May not include terms that would be described as offensive, harassing, or targeting of any specific group.
- Must promote an understanding of diversity within the University of St. Thomas community.
- Work to develop and promote respect for the dignity of all people.
- Help students gain an awareness and appreciation for diversity.
- No group submissions only individual.
Component 2: Description
- In 500 words or less write a description of your poster, with 12 point times new roman font and one inch margins.
- Must include name and email address.
- Please try and include the following in your description;
- What is your poster design?
- How is your poster design representative of this year's theme?
- How do you see your poster as being able to promote respect for others and support students increased awareness and appreciation of diversity?
- All submissions are due to the Student Diversity and Inclusion Services office, ASC 224, Mail #5006 by April 30, 2014. No late submissions allowed.
- Posters must be submitted in hard copy. Student Diversity and Inclusion Services will print hard copies if electronically submitted.
- Winners will be determined by staff and/or faculty of UST.
- Awards will be presented at the Diversity Celebration Reception on May 8th at 4:30 p.m. in ASC Hearth Room, 3rd floor.
- Winning poster will be displayed in the SDIS office, SDIS website and will be presented as the main image for Student Diversity and Inclusion Services for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Student Diversity and Inclusion Services’ Mission
The Student Diversity & Inclusion Services office exists to enhance the campus climate for diversity through programs and initiatives aimed at undergraduate students. Our work is based on four pillars: education, leadership, advocacy, and community. Our primary objective is to ensure the retention, graduation, and satisfaction rates of students of color are equitable to their peers. We also aim to increase the capacity of all students to work and serve in the diverse world in which we live.