Nominations and Election Process, 2014
Non-exempt (hourly) employees are invited to nominate themselves or colleagues to serve as candidates in the upcoming Non-exempt Staff Council election.
The Non-Exempt Staff Council is seeking energetic individuals from a variety of departments and service areas who are interested in advancing NESC’s mission to build a strong and healthy workplace by fostering communication with the university’s administration, advocating for common interests, focusing on cooperation, and building community within the university.
Because the NESC serves and advocates for all hourly employees, it encourages people from all departments and campus locations to consider running for election. The nomination deadline is February 17, 2014.
NESC members serve two-year terms and generally devote two to five hours per month to council duties, which include attending monthly meetings, serving on university committees, coordinating social events for nonexempt staff, working on council management projects, representing the council at UST events, and organizing the annual Nonexempt Staff Appreciation Breakfast.
Because Council members provide an important service to the university, NESC activities will be considered part of an employee’s duties, and supervisors will approve NESC-related absences. Those who serve also have the opportunity to learn more about UST while meeting colleagues from throughout the campus community.
To nominate yourself or a non-exempt colleague:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Mail: Send to NESC Election, Mail 4004
Timeline for the 2014 Election:
- February 17: Deadline for submitting nominations
- February 18-21: Nominees will be contacted to confirm their interest in running
- February 28: Biographical sketches and photos from each of the confirmed nominees are due to the NESC
- March10: Voting begins
- March 21: Voting ends
- April 9: New NESC members will be announced at the Non-Exempt Staff Appreciation Breakfast
Thank you for considering becoming a part of the NESC!