Master of Arts in Theology (MAT) Admission Requirements
- An application form and non-refundable application fee
- An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Official transcripts of all college/university and previous graduate work sent directly from the academic institution(s)
- The following undergraduate courses or their equivalent taken within the last ten years:
Introduction to Philosophy
Introduction to Theology
Moral Theology or Ethics
Old or New Testament
Sacramental Theology or Church History or Historical Theology
Prospective candidates who lack one or more of these prerequisites should inquire of the registrar or director of the program about ways to complete them at the University of St. Thomas
- The Graduate Record Exam (G.R.E.) taken within the last five years. The score of the writing component must be a 4 or above
- A letter/statement focusing on academic goals
- Three letters of recommendation pertaining to academic promise
The Admissions Committee accepts applications throughout the academic year. However, students are advised to complete the admissions process six to eight weeks before the semester in which they plan to matriculate. After all application materials are received at the registrar’s office, the Admissions Committee will schedule an interview to complete the application process.
If you are unable to open this format, download the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader Software here.