Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry (MAPM)
Applicants for the Master’s Degree in Pastoral Ministry must complete the following:
- An application form and UST information sheet, with non-refundable application fee.
- A bachelor’s degree. An official transcript sent directly from the academic institution showing an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Official transcripts of all college and previous graduate work and verification of certifications must be sent directly to the Registrar.
- The Graduate Record Exam (G.R.E.) or Miller Analogies Test taken within the last five years.
- A three to five page personal essay describing your goals in seeking the master’s degree, your previous ministerial experience and training (if any), and your plans for the future. If you have completed any non-degree study or ministerial training, please include detailed information about the content, format, and length of the program.
- Three letters of reference from individuals who can assess your academic and ministerial abilities. In addition, one letter of reference from your pastor or your supervisor if you are currently involved in ministry in a setting other than your home parish.
- An interview with the Admissions Committee of The Saint Paul Seminary School of Divinity.