Certification Program in Church Business Administration
Sessions will meet in day-long seminars Monday through Friday each week. Because of the comprehensive nature of this seminar, it is essential that participants attend all sessions. Participants are strongly encouraged to take meals together when possible during working session hours.
Four thematic seminars are each one week long and are independent of each other and can be taken in any order. Two of the one week seminars are offered each year at the School of Divinity.
Presenters will bring expertise from the graduate theological, ministerial, and business concentrations of the university. Speakers are also drawn from experienced practitioners in topic areas.
In addition to meeting NACBA seminar certification requirements, participants can also receive Continuing Education Units (CEU's).
Those wishing 2 (two) graduate credits for each seminar may apply for them by contacting the certification program director. These credits may or may not transfer to your university, depending upon your degree program.
- Housing and Meals:
- Limited guest rooms may be available on campus in The Saint Paul Seminary School of Divinity residence hall.
Off Campus housing is also available at the Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, 161 St. Anthony Ave., St. Paul, MN 55103 (651) 227-8711. When booking please identify yourself with the NACBA group to receive a group rate. Free shuttle service to and from UST is also available. We will be making arrangements for group rates in the month of February of each year.
Closing banquet included; other meals at participant's expense. Dining facilities are available on campus.
- Seminar Manual:
- Each participant is provided a seminar manual averaging 200-300 pages of material relating to the topics of the seminar – a valuable resource for implementing the learnings back at your parish!
Tuition is $350 U.S.D. per week or $650 for two weeks. A non-refundable down payment of $100, which will be applied to the tuition, must accompany the registration form. Receipt of your down payment will reserve your seat in the seminar; payment in full will guarantee your reservation, on a first come first served basis. The balance is due May 15th of each year.
Tuition fee includes all instruction, instructional materials, and the closing banquet.
We now accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover credit cards.
NACBA members may apply for financial aid through the national association office; in addition, members of the local North Central Chapter of NACBA may also apply for financial assistance through the chapter officers.
Refunds for cancellation on or before May 15th will be based on the tuition fee less the $100 non-refundable down payment. An additional $100 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellation on or after May 15th and the start of the seminar. There is NO refund for cancellations after the seminar begins. Fees are subject to change without notice.)
- For NACBA National and local North Central Chapter members:
- - If your church does not pay 100% of your training fees and you are (and have been for at least 60 days) a member of both the local chapter and the national organization, you can apply for a scholarship through the local chapter! For more details, visit the North Central Chaper website at nacbancc.org/resources.asp, scholarship application can be located under Chapter Forms by selecting the click here in the paragraph describing the Certification classes at the University of Saint Thomas. May 1st DEADLINE!
- Scholarships may also be available through the national organization up to $250. For more information visit their website at nacba.net/Pages/eligibiityreq.aspx, scholarship application can be located under Endowment Fund Scholarship App or contact Rose Ella McCleary at email@example.com. Scholarships will only be available as funds allow.
For More Information contact:
The Saint Paul Seminary School of Divinity
University of St. Thomas
2260 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096
ATTN: Certification Program Coordinator
(800-328-6819 Ext. 25050)