The Saint Paul Seminary School of Divinity of the University of St. Thomas has offered a summer program in Church Business Administration program since 1986.
The program was founded in 1986 by Dr. Gene Scapanski who directed the program from 1988-2004, Dr. Jan Viktora directed the program from 2004-2009, and the current director, Dr. Charlotte Berres, CSJ was appointed in 2009.
We also work closely with a network of Church Business Administrators.
The seminars covers the following topics:
- Property Management
- Theology of Stewardship
- Information Management
- Communication & Marketing
- Personnel Human Resource Management
- Office Management
- Staff Development
- Congregational Leadership
- Legal & Tax Matters
- Theology & Ethics of Church Administration
- Christian Perspectives & Theology of the Church
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Management
- Stewardship of Self