How to Become a Peer Minister
Qualifications for Student Peer Minister position:
• Motivation to serve their peers out of heartfelt compassion and concern for God’s people
• Be a positive role-model and witness to a life of faith on and off campus
• Desire to grow in faith and/or discern a call to ministry
• Have completed two full semesters at the University of St. Thomas – preference given to Junior and Senior students
• Have on-campus living experience
• Have maintained a GPA of at least 2.5 or above and be in good standing with the University
• Previous experience working in youth ministry or leadership position helpful but not required
Student Peer Ministers work 20 hours a week during the regular academic year (excluding school breaks) and receive compensation of a Shared Room and a Meal Plan in exchange for their service.
The Peer Ministry application process is part of St. Thomas’ Student Leadership Selection Process through Campus Life. A link to application materials for the 2018-19 academic year will be posted when available.
Information Sessions for next year's application:
Wednesday, Oct 18th, 3-4 p.m. ASC 202
Thursday, Oct 19th, 12-1 p.m. ASC 236
For questions please visit the Center for Ministry, Office for Spirituality, ASC 207 and speak with Sarah Farnes or Marta Pereira.