Admission to the Major
Major Admission Requirements
Students take some social work courses prior to admission to the major which occurs in the spring of their junior year.To be formally accepted into the social work major, the student will:
- Have junior standing.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.25 at time of admission to the major.
- Complete a Petition-For-Major Form (SCU) or a Major Field Card (UST).
- Achieve a C- or above on the four supporting courses and all social work courses.
- Submit a copy of current transcript. (Unofficial copy is acceptable.)
- Submit a copy of first semester field evaluations and your Standards for Academic and Professional Performance (SAPP).
- Complete an Information Form for social work faculty panel.
- Complete an interview with academic advisor.
- Be reviewed and approved by social work faculty.
Description of Admissions Procedures
- All admission to the major forms are distributed and explained in fall semester of junior fieldwork SOWK 375/378.
- Meeting with academic advisor: February or March of Junior year