Financing Your Degree
We recognize the investment and opportunity cost in committing to a master’s degree and have a variety of scholarship, grant, and assistantship opportunities available to qualified applicants. Clinical social work is a growing profession and the St. Kate's - St. Thomas MSW in clinical social work practice provides exceptional preparation for clinical practice and licensure.
Our clinical practice advantage provides life-long value for your investment:
- Clinically engaged faculty: 20+ licensed MSW faculty members who maintain clinical practice and/or have recognized clinical expertise
- Clinical field placement: Students complete 600 hours of field placement that provide clinical supervision based on collaborative partnerships with a statewide network in clinical social work community settings.
- Clinical research project: Students delve deeply into a topic of interest, expand their network and expertise, and create a tangible (and valuable) demonstration of their program evaluation & research skills
- Clinical network: Graduates join our network of 1800+ clinically-prepared MSW alumni, many of whom remain active as field supervisors and on clinical research paper committees and attend our Professional Development Institutes and events
- Preparation for clinical licensure: Our graduates are prepared to meet the 360 clock-hours of clinical curriculum requirement to apply for clinical licensure in MN (following the 2-year requirement of supervised clinical practice and required continuing education). Our graduates’ first-time pass rate on the ASWB clinical licensure exam is well-above the national average.