Committees and Positions:
- Professor Emerita
- Social Work Supervisor
- Introduction to Social Work
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Working with Groups: Theory and Practice
- Social Policy for Social Change
- Generalist Practice for Social Change
- Senior Fieldwork in Social Work
- Theory and Practice of Social Work 1 & 2
- Family Resilience and Diversity
- Introduction to Organizations, Social Policy, and Management
- Field instruction with over 200 BSW/MSW - Foundation and Clinical students
- B.A., College of Saint Catherine
- A.M., University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration
- Mini-M.B.A., University of Saint Thomas, Center for Non-Profit Management
Current Research Interests:
- Resilience and how to foster it across systems
- Field education and a competency-based curriculum
- Merrick Community Services - 1978-1993\
- Held a progression of positions providing direct service, supervision, management and administration; provided counseling services to individuals and families; facilitated educational support groups for children, adolescents, and adults; collaborated with families using case management for basic needs issues; supervised social work staff and interns; directed counseling and case management services; participated in senior administration as Director of Social Services
- Shriners Hospitals for Children /Twin Cities - 1993-2000 Worked in middle management; directed operations in six departments: Family Services, Child Life, School, Therapeutic Recreation, the Parent Accommodation Center, Applications; formed and directed the first Care Coordination Team of nurses and social workers; provided and coordinated mental health services
- West Seventh Community Center - 2000-2001 Executive Director
Partnered with the Board in strategic planning and agency governance; provided leadership to the administrative team as Executive Director; directed operations - programs, human resources, development, fiscal and plant services; networked and participated in community organizations
- Neighbor to Neighbor - 2001- 2002 Interim Program Director
Supervised the social work team; developed grants and provided program evaluations; participated on the administrative team; provided private consultation; worked as an independent practitioner; consulted with community groups on process and group dynamics; provided clinical supervision and administrative mentoring; created staff development seminars; consulted with organizations on administrative issues.
Publications & Presentations:
- Cameron, L., (McPartlin) Kelly, T., Knight, N. & Rudnick, J. Coordinating mental health and educational services to assist the Black inner-city under-achiever. Proceedings of the Twenty-Ninth Annual Meeting of the American Association for Psychiatric Services for Children. Washington, D.C., November 1977
- McPartlin, Theresa Kelly. (2006) Notes from the Gulf: A Social Worker Reflects on Hurricane Relief. The New Social Worker, 13, 18-23.
- McPartlin, Theresa Kelly. (2007). Community Embeddedness: Pathways to Pursue Justice in Social Service Settings. Social Work for Social Justice Resource Guide, VIII, 6.
- McPartlin, Theresa Kelly and Brenden, Mary Ann. (2007). NASW Policy Statements: Policy Analysis and Advocacy for Change. Social Work for Social Justice Resource Guide, VI, 8.
- McPartlin, Theresa Kelly. (2010). Hurricane Katrina: Crisis response from a social work perspective [Videorecording].
- “Intentionally Fostering Family Resilience: Helping families bounce forward.” Workshop presented at The Jeremiah Program, June 25, 2008, Minneapolis, MN.
- “Fostering Resilience in Families.” Workshop presented at the Nineteenth Annual State Conference of the Minnesota Chapter of National Association of Social Workers, June 4, 2009, St. Paul, Minnesota.
- “Core Competencies: Getting Everyone on the Same Page.” Workshop presented with Carey Winkler at the 2010 Annual Conference of the Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors, March 18, 2010, Atlanta, Georgia. (Blind Peer Review)
- “Growing the Profession: Creating and sustaining SW Field Placements in your practice setting.” Workshop presented with Joanie Braun, Denise Morcomb, and Lisa Richardson at the Twentieth Annual State Conference of the Minnesota Chapter of National Association of Social Workers, June 4, 2010, St. Paul, Minnesota.
Association Memberships & Affiliations:
- Minnesota Board of Social Work - Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)MN Co-Chair of of the Ethics Committee; Board Member 2010-2012.