· Chovanec, M. (2010). Innovations in Group Work with Abusive Men: Theories that Promote Engagement and Empowerment in Creating Connnections: Celebrating the Power of Groups, 25th Annual International Symposium on Social Work with Groups, Boston, MA. Whiting & Birch Ltd : London, England. .
· Chovanec, M.G. (in press). Engaging Abusive Men in the Change Process: Facilitators’ Perspectives in Groups: Gateways to Growth, 29th International Symposium on Social Work with Groups, Jersey City, New Jersey. Whiting & Birch Ltd : London, England. (Manuscript accepted 6/28/09)
· Chovanec, M.G. (2009). Facilitating Change in Group Work with Abusive Men: Examining Stages of Change. Social Work with Groups. Taylor and Francis
· Chovanec, M. (2009). You Can’t Make Us Change: Use of Stages of Change in Involuntary Group Development. Encyclopedia of Social Work with Groups, Gitterman A. and Salmon, R., (Eds.) New York: Rouitledge
· Chovanec, M. (2009). Work with Men in Domestic Abuse Treatment. In Strategies for Work with Involuntary Clients (2nd Ed.). New York: Columbia University Press.
· Chovanec, M (2008). Transforming Men Who Batter into Men Who Matter. In Reflections: Narratives of Professional Helping. The CSULB University Press. 14(2), 47-56.
· Chovanec, M. (2008). Innovations Applied to the Classroom for Involuntary Groups: Implications for Social Work Education. In Journal of Teaching in Social Work. The Haworth Press, Inc. 28(1/2), 209-225.
· Rooney, R. and Chovanec, M. (2004). Involuntary Groups (Chapter 12). In Handbook of Social Work with Groups, C.D. Garvin, M.J. Galinsky and L.M. Gutierrez, Editors, Guilford Publications, Inc., pp. 212-225.
· Chovanec, Michael (2002). My Domestic Violence Treatment Group: Challenging Stereotypes of Abusive Men in the Classroom. BPD Update (The Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors, Inc., 25(1), 17-18.
· Chovanec, Michael G. (1995, November). Attrition in the treatment of men who batter: A closer look at men's decision-making process about attending or dropping out of treatment. Proceedings of the Eighth National Symposium on Doctoral Research in Social Work. Symposium conducted at The Ohio State University College of Social Work.
· Chovanec, Michael G. (1995). Attrition in the treatment of men who batter: A closer look at men's decision-making process about attending or dropping out of treatment. Dissertation Abstracts International and Social Work Abstracts. (University Microfilms No. 9534112).