Felicia W. Sy
2115 Summit Ave, St. Paul, MN 55105
Courses taught in Fall 2014 at UST
Wednesday 1:30 - 3:30 pm, Thursday 11:30 - 1:00 pm, Saturday 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Committees and Positions:
Current Research Interests:
Publications and Presentations:
· Jenson, J. M., Dieterich, W. A., Rinner, J.R., Washington, F., & Burgoyne, K.E. (2006). Implementation and design issues in group-randomized prevention trials: Lessons from the Youth Matters public schools study. Children & Schools, 28(4), 207-217.
· University of Minnesota Duluth, Duluth, MN 2006, Guest Lecturer. Topics: Contemporary Race Relations in the U.S., Multiethnic Placement Act of 1994, Interethnic Adoption Provisions 1996, Multiculturalism in Social Work Practice.
· College of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, MN April 2001, Toe the White Line: Blacks at Predominately White Institutions of Higher Learning, Challenges and Protocols for Promoting Success
· College of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, MN, February 2002, Seeing You Seeing Me An educational workshop that uses drama as a tool for examining the complex roles and relationships unique to college campuses and the sometimes invisible arm of racism that effects our interactions together. “Seeing You Seeing Me” provides a platform for discussion and examination of this controversial topic and concrete suggestions for making transformation visible in our lives, classrooms, and campus community.
· National Foster Parent Association, May 2000, Family Alternative’s Kids Capacity Initiative: The Strengths Perspective in Treatment Foster Care
· Minnesota Conference on Social Work Education, October 1999, Innovative Approaches to Human Behavior in the Social Environment: Learning Through Dramatic Interpretation
· Dr. Sy combines mindfulness based social work practice and intercultural theory in her work training direct practitioners to work with diverse populations at private agencies throughout the Twin Cities Metropolitain area.
Association Memberships & Affiliations: