Faculty Website: www.psychrecoveryinc.com www.theprofessionalmatrix.com
Committees and Positions:
- Sarah is currently the President of the Minnesota Society for Clinical Social Work (2009-2011).
Sarah Anderson is the program director of Psych Recovery Senior Services (since 2005) as well as the CEO of Psych Recovery Inc (since 2009), which is a outpatient mental health clinic located in St. Paul MN. Sarah also is the CEO of The Professional Matrix, a web based company focused on resources and referral network for social work supervision in MN.
- GRSW 623
- Clinical Practice with the Elderly, since 2007.
- Effective policy and political research relating to all populations’ social workers serve. All research related to seniors, especially related to clinical psychotherapeutic treatment and perspectives of mental health. Also, general mental health interventions related to anxiety, adjustment and depression as it relates to guilt and shame for all age groups.
- Proudly graduated from CSC/UST with an MSW in 2003, and a BSW from Augsburg College with a BSW in 1999.
- Sarah's practice focuses on geriatrics, adults and adolescents specifically with grief, adjustment difficulty, crisis intervention, depression, anxiety, cognitive loss and chronic illnesses. She is the Program Director for Psych Recovery Senior Services and provides psychotherapy on site to SPMI adults and seniors, as well as in the PR outpatient clinic. Sarah has clinical experience in inpatient mental health (in geriatrics, adults and adolescents) and as a BSW experience in emergency rooms, as well as nursing homes and assisted livings.
- “Responsible clinical practice involves regular continual consultation with other skilled professionals” which Sarah participates in regularly.
Association Memberships & Affiliations:
- Sarah is a member and current president of MSCSW and served on the board of the Coalition of Licensed Social Workers (2003-2009).
- She is also a proud member of NASW and the Clinical Social Work Association.