Step 2: Complete the DSW online application (available September 1, 2015 - January 15, 2016)
The online application includes instructions to submit the following:
- $50 application fee
- Transcripts from all previous institutions
- Three letters of reference. You can email your references directly from the online application or download the recommendation form here: DSW Recommendation Form 2015. (If you have problems downloading the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have it sent as an attachment)
- A current resume or curriculum vita that documents education, teaching and professional experience, professional publications and presentations, and service/volunteer experience
- Writing sample: Submit a professional, APA formatted and documented, solely-authored, 2-3 page writing sample from a pertinent scholarly work. As appropriate, please include a one-paragraph introduction to your writing sample that provides a context for the reviewer. If you do not have an appropriate professional writing sample, please prepare a new piece on a social work topic of your choice that demonstrates professional writing and meets the above criteria.
- Personal statement: Prepare a written response to each of the following: (Complete personal statement should be no longer than 6 double-spaced pages)
- What circumstances and experiences motivate you to seek a DSW in teaching as practice at this point in your career?
- Describe your vision of leadership in social work education and indicate how you see yourself fitting into this vision of an educational leader.
- Identify and reflect on your strengths and limitations relative to successfully completing an online doctoral program (including your ability to be a self-directed learner)
- International applicants must submit a transcript evaluation and acceptable test scores for proof of English proficiency, as detailed on the International Admissions Graduate Application Checklist.
- An interview may be requested
Step 3: Request transcripts from all institutions from which you received credit
- Transcripts should be sent to:
UST Graduate Admissions, Attn: DSW Program
1000 LaSalle Ave., Box 5
Minneapolis, MN 55403
- If the institution provides the option to have the transcript emailed directly to the University of St. Thomas as a PDF, it can be sent to: email@example.com
Step 4: All completed applications will be reviewed by the DSW faculty admissions committee after January 15.
- All letters of recommendation and transcripts must be received before your application will be reviewed.
- Admission decisions will be communicated by the end of March
Questions about the process? Contact us.