Student and Faculty Forms (Download)
Student UST Car Rental
If your course-based service-learning project requires you to travel to and from the nonprofit organization site and you need to rent a UST Car, simply complete the Driver Record & License Check form below. This form allows UST to verify car insurance coverage.
You MUST also submit a copy of the front and back of your driver’s license card with this form OR you may stop by the Office of Service Learning and Civic Engagement with your DL card and we will make the necessary copies on your behalf.
Finally, you must list the dates and times you will need the vehicle along with the name of the organization you will traveling to. Please indicate the time you plan to pick up the UST CAR and what time you intend to have it returned.
The Driver Record form, the copy of your DL card, and list of rental dates & times can be emailed to ServiceLearn@stthomas.edu or you may drop off form and information to Aquinas 313.
Student Mileage Reimbursement
If your course-based service-learning project requires you to travel to and from the nonprofit organization site, you can seek mileage reimbursement when utilizing your personal vehicle. Simply click and complete the form below and don’t forget to add your mailbox number or address of where you would like your check mailed to. You can email the form to ServiceLearn@stthomas.edu.
Faculty Budget Request Form
Faculty teaching a service-learning course qualify for service-learning budget assistance in support of their SL student projects. Please complete the form and email it to ServiceLearn@stthomas.edu. Budget request forms must be submited 6-weeks prior to the start of the term for review and approval by the AVP for Academic Affairs and Special Projects.
Faculty Service-Learning Course Designation Form
Complete the SL Designation Form and email a copy of your syllabus and description of the service-learning component to ServiceLearn@stthomas.edu A subcommittee of the Service-Learning Advisory Board reviews all applications.
Courses must meet ALL the criteria below to be given a service-learning designation. If you have any questions or would like to consult with someone in SL, contact ServiceLearn@stthomas.edu.
- The service-learning component is integrated into the course content and learning objectives.
- There are opportunities for structured reflection (written, verbal, or other) about the service-learning experiences.
- The service-learning activities are meaningful, relevant, and intentionally linked to academic content.
- The service-learning component benefits the common good and raises issues of social responsibility.
- Both the community partner and the University benefit from the relationship. Expectations for each party are set.
- The service-learning experience is required for all students.