Student and Faculty Forms (Download)
If your course-based service-learning project requires you to travel to and from the nonprofit organization site and you need to rent a UST-leased vehicle, simply complete the Driving Record Authorization Form below. This form allows UST to verify car insurance coverage, driving records, and proof of license. Please submit the form to Parking and Transportation Services no later than ten (10) business days before you need to rent a UST-leased vehicle. Parking and Transportation Services also requests a copy of the front and back of your driver's license.
You must also list the dates and times you will need the vehicle along with the name of the organization you will traveling to. Please indicate the time you plan to pick up the UST vehicle and what time you intend to return the vehicle.
If your course-based service-learning project requires you to travel to and from the nonprofit organization site, you can seek mileage reimbursement when utilizing your personal vehicle. Complete the Student Mileage Reimbursement Form and the Accounts Payable Student Reimbursement Form, and submit both to ServiceLearn@stthomas.edu, or mail them to Aquinas 313. Do not forget to add your mailbox number or address to where you would like your check mailed. Note that there typically is a delay in processing, so the sooner you submit everything, the better.
Faculty teaching a service-learning course qualify for service-learning budget assistance in support of their service-learning student projects. Please complete the Faculty Budget Request Form and email it to ServiceLearn@stthomas.edu. Budget request forms must be submited 6 weeks prior to the start of the term for review and approval by the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Special Projects.
Complete the SL Designation Form and email a copy of your syllabus and description of the service-learning component to ServiceLearn@stthomas.edu A subcommittee of the Service-Learning Advisory Board reviews all applications.
Courses must meet ALL the criteria below to be given a service-learning designation. If you have any questions or would like to consult with someone in Service-Learning, please contact ServiceLearn@stthomas.edu.
- The service-learning component is integrated into the course content and learning objectives.
- There are opportunities for structured reflection (written, verbal, or other) about the service-learning experiences.
- The service-learning activities are meaningful, relevant, and intentionally linked to academic content.
- The service-learning component benefits the common good and raises issues of social responsibility.
- Both the community partner and the University benefit from the relationship. Expectations for each party are set.
- The service-learning experience is required for all students.