Ireland Study Travel
Ireland: From the Bog to Brexit
Study Travel sponsored by the Selim Center for Lifelong Learning: May 15-30, 2018
- Enjoy 14 days of travel, study and encounter with Ireland and the Irish people led by our travel scholar, Loren Langan, Visiting Professor of Economics at the University of St. Thomas
- Learn from more than a dozen carefully selected local professors and experts who will help us understand the complex weave of historical, economic, political, social, and cultural factors that have shaped Ireland and the Irish people.
- Experience the Connemara Gaeltacht, where Irish is the first language. Learn about the history and traditions of Gaelic culture – and the fortunes of the Irish language as it struggles to survive.
- Spend time in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland to better understand their respective histories and cultures and their different trajectories in light of Brexit.
- Engage in conversation with community activities, artists, and other groups of Irish people to gain “first hand” perspectives on what it means to be Irish in the 21st century.
- Attend live theater and traditional music performances as a group.
- Travel with both longtime and new friends in a Selim Center group limited to 30 students.
- Stay 14 nights in three- and four-start hotels with shared occupancy. (A limited number of single accommodations are available for a supplemental charge.)
- Explore the range of modern Irish cuisine and experience the Irish version of the local food movement. 22 meals included.
- Avoid the hassle of frequent moves by settling in at anchor hotels in Dublin, Galway and Belfast.
- Ride in comfort in a deluxe, private motor coach throughout our stay. Catch every word with the use of an audio headset system.
Program Fee: $4,950
- Supplemental charge for single rooms-$1,800 (limited availability of single rooms)
- This comprehensive fee includes hotel accommodations for 14 nights; 22 group meals; ground transportation during the program (excluding airport transfers); tours and lectures; admission fees; gratuities to group guides, drivers, and meal servers; and CISI group insurance as described in the Agreement.
- Program fee is based on exchange rates and tariffs in effect as of September 12, 2017. It is subject to change if there is a fluctuation of more than 4%.
Register early. We expect this program to fill quickly.
For more information, please review the files below or contact Bob Shoemake, Director, Selim Center for Lifelong Learning: 651-962-5176 or email@example.com