University Technology Advisory Committee
The University Technology Advisory Committee (UTAC) guides the selection and implementation of technologies and servers as a clearing house for technology issues, such as software acquisition and distribution, classroom technology, and mobile computing.
- To guide the selection, implementation, and discontinuation of technologies, such as software acquisition and distribution, classroom technology, and mobile computing.
- To review and make recommendations on technology strategic goals, plans, and priorities.
- To serve as the liaison between academic and administrative constituencies and to communicate committee decisions on technology directives.
- To advise technology leadership on allocation of budget.
- Six full-time faculty members
- One eligible adjunct faculty member, if appointed by the Adjunct Faculty Council
- All academic deans or their designees
- Two students appointed through Student Affairs
- One representative from the Exempt Staff Council
- One representative from the Non-Exempt Staff Council
- Six administrators from appropriate areas of the university
2017 - 2018 Members
Patrick Sanchez – Co-Chair
Dr. Chih Lai – Co-Chair
Chih Lai – School of Engineering
Joshua Layfield – College of Arts & Sciences
Debasish Mallick – Opus College of Business
Mathew Lu – College of Arts & Sciences
Susana Perez Castillejo – College of Arts & Sciences
Robin Whitebird – School of Social Work
Lynn Olsen - Opus College of Business
Candace Chou– College of Education, Leadership & Counseling
Catherine Marrs Fuchsel – School of Social Work
Ed Clark - Information Technology Services
Vern Klobassa – Student Affairs
Melissa Pelland - Business Affairs
Kristine Baker – Institutional Effectiveness
Dan Gjelten – Libraries
Patrick Sanchez –Development and Alumni Relations
Contact: Ellen Haeg – Information Technology Services