Transportation from the Fiumicino/Ciampino Airports to Bernardi
From Fiumicino Airport (Leonardo da Vinci) – Three Options:
1. Contact a car service in advance of your flight (upon request, Thanos can provide you with a couple of Web sites of car services based on your needs). The driver will pick you up at your terminal and drop you off at Bernardi (Lungotevere delle Armi, 16). The cost is approximately €48 plus tip.
2. Take a taxi. There is a taxi stand located right outside the arrivals terminal. The cost should be around €50-55.
3. Take the "Leonardo Express" train from Fiumicino (€14.00/person) to the Termini station (Rome’s main train station). It’s a half-hour, non-stop ride. Once you arrive at Termini, take either a taxi or the Metro (Rome’s subway) to Bernardi. If you choose the Metro, take Linea A (direction toward Battistini) and get off at Lepanto. Walk up the stairs to the main floor of the station and look for the signs that point toward Viale Giulio Cesare. Turn right, exit the station and begin walking toward the river to get to Lungotevere. We are on Lungotevere delle Armi, 16 (facing the river). The walk from Lepanto to Bernardi is about 13 minutes, if you find yourself walking for approximately 25-30 minutes, you might be heading in the wrong direction. Keep in mind that there are several streets that begin with “Lungotevere”; we are on Lungotevere delle Armi (across from the Ministry of the Navy with the big Italian flag at the top, on the other side of the river).
4. There is also a coach bus that you may take that is run by the Terravision company. Visit the Information Desk at the airport for the Bus location and price information.
Keep in mind that you must have a Metro ticket to get on the Metro. Buy a Metro ticket (€1,50) at Termini from the ticket machines or a newspaper stand; validate it at one of the yellow Metro ticket machines prior to entering the Metro (Linea A) platform.
From Ciampino Airport – Three Options:
1. Contact a car service in advance of your flight. (Upon request, Thanos can provide you with a couple of Web sites of car services based on your needs.) The driver will pick you up at your terminal and drop you off at Bernardi (Lungotevere delle Armi, 16). The cost is approximately €48 plus tip.
2. Take the C.O.T.R.A.L. bus (blue bus) from the bus stop outside the airport (you will need to buy a bus ticket before you get on the bus) and go to the Anagnina Metro stop (Linea A). From Anagnina (be sure you buy a Metro ticket) take the Metro (Linea A) to Lepanto (direction toward Battistini). Be aware that the Metro (Linea A) runs only from 5:30 a.m.–11:30 p.m Sunday - Thursday and 5:30 a.m. - 1:30 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
3. There is also a coach bus that you may take that is run by the Terravision company. It is located outside the arrivals terminal. The coach bus will drop you off at the Termini station. You must go to the Terravision desk in the arrivals hall of the airport (Ciampino) to purchase your bus voucher prior to getting on the bus. The Terravision desk is open at all times. A one-way ticket (from Ciampino to Termini) costs €6.
The Bernardi Campus address is: Lungotevere delle Armi, 16
Thanos’ cell number is: 333 4640 946
Bernardi central phone number is: (39) 06 3260 0548 - Thanos’ ext.# 502 or 310
Note: Prices are subject to change.