Name and/or Address Change
One of the following forms of legal documents is needed before a name change will be completed:
- Social Security Card: The card must have the correct/current name (a copy of both the back and front of the card are required). The number on the card will need to match the number that we have on the system in order for this form of documentation to be accepted.
- Marriage License: A copy with both the old/previous and new/changed name included in the documentation.
- Divorce Papers: A copy with both the old/previous and new/changed name included in the documentation.
- Court Ordered Documentation: A copy with both the old/previous and new/changed name included in the documentation.
- Driver’s License that reflects name change; must be valid (non-expired); and Social Security Card with current name.
The Registrar's office accepts name changes in the following ways:
- You may send, fax or deliver a signed letter and the required documents.
- You may submit a transcript request that is accompanied by the required documentation.
- Name changes need to have the student's old name, new name, required documents and student's signature.
NOTE: We do not change names when we receive a form or letter that indicates a name has changed without first having the required documents, as outlined above.
Currently Enrolled Students:
Log on to Murphy Online.
- Choose the Student Services Menu
- Choose the Personal Information Menu
- Click on the Update Addresses and Phones
You may send, fax or deliver a signed letter requesting that your address be changed. Please include your previous address and new address information, along with any changes to your telephone number(s).