Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in psychology, was founded in 1929 to encourage, stimulate and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members, in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology. For more information on the national chapter www.psichi.org. The University of St. Thomas chapter of Psi Chi was established in 1997.
Psi Chi Membership Application Requirements
UST Students Must:
- Be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program (or a program psychological in nature).
- Have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of the college course.
- Have completed at least 9 semester hours (or equivalent) of psychology courses.
- Have earned an overall GPA that is in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale).
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in psychology courses.
University of St. Thomas Psi Chi Chapter Membership Requirements
- Dues: The National Psi Chi Honor Society requires a registration fee of $55. This is a one-time fee and you become a National Psi Chi member for life. The UST Chapter requires membership dues of $20 per semester payable to the Psi Chi Chapter.
- Service Hours: Each member is required to complete two service hours. Service hours are reported to the UST Psi Chi Community Service/Fundraising Coordinator.
- Research Opportunities: Each member can present research during the semester. The research may be outside of class and/or class related. Presentations may be formal or informal. Non-members can also present psychology related research if interested.
- Meetings: Attendance is encouraged. We will have an array of speakers and research presentations. We also welcome any ideas from members for speakers or professional in the field of psychology.
Club Advisor: Dr. Britain Scott firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Katelyn Reynoldson email@example.com
Vice President: Alex Kantorowicz firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairperson: Todd Farnham email@example.com
Meetings are typically held every other week (Tuesday's during convo hour) and lunch is FREE!