Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in psychology, was founded in 1929 to encourage, stimulate and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members, in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology. For more information on the national chapter www.psichi.org. The University of St. Thomas chapter of Psi Chi was established in 1997.
Psi Chi Membership Application Requirements:
- UST students shall have completed at least three semesters of courses at UST and nine semester hours, or three classes of psychology.
- UST students have registered for major or minor standing in psychology and possess high standards of personal behavior.
- UST students must demonstrate superior scholarship in psychology by earning a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and a minumum GPA in psychology courses of 3.50.
University of St. Thomas Psi Chi Chapter Membership Requirements:
- Dues: The National Psi Chi Honor Society requires a registration fee of $35. This is a one-time fee and you become a National Psi Chi member for life. The UST Chapter requires membership dues of $15 per semester payable to the club treasurer.
- Service Hours: Each member is required to complete two service hours. Service hours are reported to the UST Psi Chi Community Service/Fundraising Coordinator on the Community Service Report Form www.stthomas.edu/ustclubs/forms
- Research Requirements: Each member is required to present research once a semester. The research may be outside of class and/or class related, or a summary of an interesting psychology related article you have read. Presentations may be formal or informal.
- Fundraiser: Each member is required to participate in the Psi Chi semester fundraiser. Those who are unable to participate will pay a $5 fee.
- Meeting Attendance: Each member is required to attend 3 meetings per semester. Attendance sheets will be available for signatures.
Club Advisor: Dr. Britain Scott email@example.com
2011-2012 Co-Presidents: Dani Blackowiak firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah E. Nelson email@example.com
Meetings are typically held every other week (Tuesday's during convo hour) and lunch is FREE!