Careers in Psychology
What Can I Do With A Psychology Degree?
The psychology major prepares students for a wide range of pursuits after graduation. Many graduates find psychology related jobs in areas such as mental health, human resources and children's and family services. Many alumni of the psychology department pursue graduate level study. Our alumni have pursued graduate study in many areas of psychology, including:
- clinical psychology
- cognitive psychology
- social psychology
- school psychology
- counseling psychology
- industrial/organizational psychology
Graduates have also pursued advanced degrees in education, social work and nursing; some have also gone on to medical school and law school.
For more information on a variety of psychology related topics and career information such as:
- What Psychology Is
- Some of the Subfields in Psychology
- The Job Outlook
- What Psychologists Do and Where They Do It
- Psychologists Conduct Research
- Psychologists Study Social Development
- Psychologists Help People Learn
- Psychologists Promote Physical and mental health
- Psychologists Study and Contribute to the Work Environment
- Getting Ready To Work in Psychology
- APA (American Psychological Association) Resources for Students
Visit these helpful websites
The UST Psychology Department includes these resources for informational puposes, but does not endorse any particular views promoted therein.