Policy Title: HIV/UST AIDS Guidelines
Approval by Student Life Committee, November 2007
Reviewed date: May 20, 2013
HIV/AIDS Guidelines, University of St. Thomas
The University of St. Thomas has adopted the following statement on HIV/AIDS:
The University of St. Thomas is deeply concerned about the HIV/AIDS (Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) pandemic. The university also is deeply concerned about all members of its community – students, faculty, staff and administrators - both individually and collectively. The university, through officials, namely the Director of the Student Health Services, campus medical doctor and the Dean of Students, will attempt to keep the community informed on the most up-to-date information on HIV/AIDS available.
The university will not discriminate against people with HIV/AIDS in violation of applicable federal, state, or local law. The university stands ready to assist any member of its community who contracts HIV/AIDS. Specific offices, such as the following, have been designated to be of service as appropriate.
- Office of Academic Affairs: Room 110, Aquinas Hall
- Academic Counseling: Room 110, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
- Campus Ministry: Room 207, Anderson Student Center
- Dean of Students: Room 241, Anderson Student Center
- Human Resources: Room 217, Aquinas Hall
- Counseling and Psychological Services: Room 356, Murray-Herrick Campus Center
- Health Services: West end, first floor, Brady Hall
- Available outside resources may also be recommended.