Student Employees

Can I have all or part of my net pay applied to my UST bill?

  • A percentage or all of your net pay can be deducted from
    each paycheck and applied to your tuition account during the academic year.
  • To sign up for this deduction you need to complete the Student Tuition Payment Authorization Form at the beginning
    of each academic
  • You may make changes to the deduction at anytime by
    completing a new form.
  • If you wish to have part of your summer pay applied to your
    student tuition account you will need to complete a new form and indicate
    “Summer” at the top of the form.

Do I get overtime pay or holiday pay?

  • Student Employees will receive Overtime (time and one half)
    according to the Fair Labor Standards Act for all hours they work in excess of
    40 hours in a week.
  • Generally Student Employees should not be scheduled more
    than 20 hours in a week so overtime is not usually a factor except during break
  • Only Benefit Eligible employees receive holiday pay or any
    paid time off. Student employees are not benefit eligible employees.

How do I get a duplicate time sheet?

Your supervisor must email the request for a duplicate time sheet to payroll@stthomas.eduwith the following information:

  • The dates or the number of the pay period you are missing.
  • Your UST ID number printed on your UST ID badge.
  • The name of your department.
  • The department address the time sheet should be mailed to.

How do I report my hours to Payroll?

How do I report my time for previous pay periods?

  • If you are reporting time for previous pay periods on a
    paper time sheet or email submit all of your hours to your supervisor for
  • If you are not using a time sheet your hours must be
    detailed for each day of the pay period.
  • Your supervisor must approve the time sheet or email and
    either mail it to the Payroll Department at AQU 202, email it to, or fax it to Payroll at 651-962-6009.
  • Time received for a past pay period will be processed on
    the next available pay period in accordance with the deadline dates on the Hourly
    Payroll Schedule

How will I know when my Student Employment Form is processed?

An email notification is generated the following day after a student employment
form is processed by payroll. The email notification is sent to both the student
and their supervisor.  Electronic Time Sheets cannot be accessed until your
employment forms are processed.

What do I need to do to get paid?

The Student Employment process is explained on the Student Employment Web site.

When do I get paid?

Students are paid in accordance with the Hourly Payroll Schedule.

Where do I turn in my employment forms and other payroll documents?

Who do I go to with paycheck questions?

Generally any member of the Payroll staff should be able to assist you, please
send an email to and someone will reply within 24
hours. The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for processing the student payroll
and can be reached at 651-962-6505.