Online Education at the University of St. Thomas
St. Thomas is committed to enhancing student access through online teaching and learning and the increased use of e-learning resources and flexible modes of learning. The university offers a number of fully online and blended graduate programs as well as online and blended graduate and undergraduate courses.
The Office of Online Education Programs, established in 2012, serves St. Thomas by acting as the university liaison to our online education partner, Bisk Education, and by providing information and resources related to online programming. The office reports to the Provost. Specifically, the office:
- Helps develop, manages, and oversees the fully online graduate programs offered through St. Thomas’ partnership with Bisk Education/University Alliance;
- Works in an advisory capacity for existing UST graduate online programs;
- Partners with Faculty Development, IRT, and other university offices to support faculty in developing online offerings;
- Provides information and resources to the St. Thomas community about online development at the university;
- Manages state authorization and other compliance matters for online programs.
The Online/Blended Education Ad Hoc Committee, formed in 2014 and composed of faculty and staff, advises the St. Thomas community during the process of proposing new online and blended courses and programs. The Committee coordinate efforts with existing decision-making bodies for new course and program review, functions as a central gathering place for online activities and information across the university, and performs other tasks pertinent to support and development of online education initiatives.