The International Student Scholarship 2013
The “International Student Leadership Scholarship” is an annual award for international students. The purpose is to recognize outstanding leadership and contributions to the integration of international students and international awareness at St. Thomas. Undergraduate and Graduate students are encouraged to apply; every attempt will be made to award one of each. International Student Services will convene a committee of faculty, staff and students to select 2 recipients. The award includes a $500 tuition scholarship and a certificate. The presentation of the awards will be made at the International Dinner on Saturday, April 13, 2013.
The scholarship award
- $500 Tuition Scholarship (if the recipient has paid all bills and is completing studies in Spring 2013, arrangements will be made to receive the scholarship in the form of a check).
- A framed certificate with recipient’s name reading “University of St. Thomas International Student Leadership Scholarship.”
Eligibility criteria and procedures
- Candidate must have completed at least 9 credits at St. Thomas and be currently enrolled full-time.
- Previous winners of this award are not eligible.
- Candidate must be on F-1 or J-1 immigration status.
- Undergraduates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and Graduates a minimum of 3.3.
- Candidate must be in good standing at the University (no past behavioral violations).
- Candidate must have a record of leadership in activities and accomplishments that demonstrate a commitment to the integration of international students and international awareness at St. Thomas.
- Candidates must submit an “application form” which includes an essay about their contributions to the integration of international students and international awareness at St. Thomas and ideas for the future. Candidates must also submit a recommendation letter written by a UST student, faculty or staff member.
An independent selection panel will consist of faculty, staff, and UST students.
Deadline for Applications: 4:30pm, March 22, 2013
For further information, please contact International Student Services at 612-962-6650 or firstname.lastname@example.org