The School of Social Work of the College of St. Catherine and the University of St. Thomas announces that the Master of Social Work Clinical Research Presentations will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, May 14, in St. Joseph Hall, College of St. Catherine. The Owatonna cohort will give presentations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 16, at the Gainey Conference Center in Owatonna.
Some examples of the presentations from the St. Paul campus include:
- Arleta Little, “Personal and Sociopolitical Empowerment and Racial Identification in Multiracial Adults,” 9-9:45 a.m., Women’s Center
- Marvin “Bud” Holladay, “Identifying Casual Factors and Clinical Strategies Related to Juvenile Recidivism in Minnesota,” 9:45-10:30 a.m., Room 323
- Crystal Deal, “Assisted Living Programs Serving the Mentally Ill,” 11:15-noon, Room 323
Examples from the Owatonna presentations include:
- Barbara Kristine Olson, “An Exploration of Early Minnesota Swedish Immigration and Social Welfare,” 9:45-10:30 a.m., Room A
- Nancy Williams, “The Effects of Reunification on Adult Adoptees,” 10:30-11:15 a.m., Room B
- Jennifer Lynn Encinger, “Educational Barriers to Hispanic Students in Predominately Non-Hispanic, Rural Communities,” 2:30-3:15 p.m., Room A
All faculty, staff and students are welcome to attend any or all of the presentations. For more information and a complete list of presenters, call (651) 962-5826.