Women’s center announces scholarship for women’s studies majors and minors
The Luann Dummer Center for Women offers an annual $2,000 scholarship to a qualified women’s studies major or minor.
To apply for this scholarship, students must:
- Have officially declared a major or minor in women’s studies
- Have completed or currently be enrolled in WMST 205, Foundations of Women’s Studies
- Submit an essay, report or project, developed in a classroom context, that addresses a women’s studies topic, and include a cover letter that explains the value of that project or essay in light of their education in women’s studies
- Submit an unofficial transcript
- Submit, in a sealed signed envelope, a letter of support from a women’s studies faculty member
The review committee for this award will evaluate applications based on the student’s academic strength and financial need.
Applications for scholarships for the 2005-2006 academic year must be received by Dr. Sherry Jordon, director of women’s studies, Mail #JRC 153, no later than Nov. 15, 2005.
For additional information, contact Jordon, (651) 962-5328.