Volunteers In Action is seeking volunteers to help with a holiday dinner on Saturday, Dec. 1, for the St. Thomas community and special guests, the members of Dorothy Day Center in St. Paul. The event will be held at 4:30 p.m. in Binz Refectory.
VIA needs volunteers to participate in the setup, serving and cleanup of this event. (Times are estimated and will be updated closer to the dinner.) Volunteers needed include:
- Decorators – decorate the Binz with festive holiday decorations and set up the dining area, 7 p.m. (about two hours of service) Friday, Nov. 30
- Greeters and eaters – greet the guests as they arrive, then sit down and enjoy a meal together, from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1
- Servers – serve drinks, meals and desserts to guests and enjoy a meal with them, from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1
- Tear-down crew – enjoy a meal with guests and then disassemble decorations and place sets (dishes, silverware, cups, etc.), from 4 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1
- Dishwashers – enjoy a meal with guests and operate the dishwasher during cleanup, from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1
Volunteer positions will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Email your request for a volunteer position by Friday, Nov. 16.