UST in the news
Here’s a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Youth pastor denies teen-sex allegation,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Sept. 8, 2004. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/states/minnesota/counties/ramsey_county/9604017.htm
- “UST’s College of Business and Center for Ethical Business Cultures unite,” The Catholic Spirit, Sept. 9, 2004 . http://www.thecatholicspirit.com/archives.php?article=2759
- “Robert Ross, 82, U professor and minister, dies,” Star Tribune, Sept. 10, 2004. “His experience interceding in volatile situations helped him later in his work as an adviser to political and religious action groups for the Student Activities Bureau, said Sally Power, a professor of management at the University of St. Thomas who was married to Ross for 10 years starting in 1975.” http://www.startribune.com/stories/466/4973651.html
- “U.S. commerce chief gets earful from Minnesota manufacturers,” Star Tribune, Sept. 11, 2004. “University of St. Thomas professor Fred Zimmerman told the crowd that he had some misgivings about permanently eliminating what some refer to as the ‘death tax.’ Not all inheritors of family-owned businesses reinvest back into the businesses, he said.” http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/4975286.html
- “Obituary: Mary Swanson, 65, art historian,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Sept. 13, 2004. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/9648029.htm
- “Red tape stickier in some cities than in others,” Star Tribune, Sept. 14, 2004. “‘Time is money in development,’ said Tom Musil, director of the real estate department at the University of St. Thomas.” http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/4979414.html