UST in the news
Here’s a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “St. Mary’s University president looks back and ahead,” Star Tribune, Aug. 8, 2004 . “St. Mary’s is low-profile compared with the University of St. Thomas … .” http://www.startribune.com/stories/1069/4915141.html
- “New St. Thomas professor helped write detainee memo,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 8, 2004 . http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/living/education/9346865.htm
- “Week in review,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 8, 2004. “Five years of rancor gave way to smiles and applause Wednesday when the St. Paul City Council approved a deal between the University of St. Thomas and its neighbors that will allow the school to begin a $100 million campus expansion.” http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/states/minnesota/counties/ramsey_county/9340918.htm
- “Editorial: St. Thomas /A welcome compromise,” Star Tribune, Aug. 9, 2004. http://www.startribune.com/stories/561/4915431.html
- “Small Business: Rebuilding from the grounds up,” Star Tribune, Aug. 9, 2004. “Lorman Lundsten, chair of marketing at the University of St. Thomas College of Business, said it might take more than positive attitude for the two-store coffee business to turn around.” http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/4915764.html
- “New to market,” Star Tribune, Aug. 9, 2004. The business briefs column includes news of the St. Thomas College of Business’ new master’s program in accountancy. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/4915722.html
- “Outside consultant,” Star Tribune, Aug. 9, 2004. Dr. Dave Brennan, of the Marketing Department and UST’s Center for Retailing Excellence, offers marketing advice. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/4915478.html
- “Editorial: Compromises treat Summit Avenue growing pains,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 9, 2004. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/editorial/9339447.htm
- Note also: “Opinion: An editorial in Monday’s paper contained incorrect information,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 11, 2004. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/editorial/9367649.htm
- “Minority of jobs require college, studies find,” Star Tribune, Aug. 10, 2004. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/4919400.html
- “Pro lacrosse team to call St. Paul arena home,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 10, 2004. “The University of Minnesota’s Minneapolis and Duluth campuses field lacrosse teams, as do the University of St. Thomas and several other Twin Cities area institutions.” http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/hockey/9359552.htm
- “Football career is better late than never,” Star Tribune, Aug. 11, 2004. Here’s a nice story about UST senior Steve Groth. http://www.startribune.com/stories/332/4918642.html
- “He’s going the distance — 51 times,” Star Tribune, Aug. 11, 2004. A St. Thomas alumnus has run marathons in all but five U.S. states. http://www.startribune.com/stories/332/4918935.html
- “Cretin awaits new goalposts,” Star Tribune, Aug. 12, 2004. “The retired goalpost, a gift from the University of St. Thomas, was discarded about eight years ago when college football went to a narrower width between the posts.” http://www.startribune.com/stories/526/4923460.html
- “There is no new Inquisition, nor an attempt to influence elections,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 12, 2004. Dr. Robert Kennedy of the Catholic Studies Department authored this op-ed piece. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/opinion/9375165.htm