UST in the news
Here’s a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Forciea pleads guilty, admits to fraud,” Star Tribune, July 31, 2004. http://www.startribune.com/stories/467/4903582.html
- “Business forum: Management by getting out of the way,” Star Tribune, Aug. 1, 2004. Dr. Fred Zimmerman, UST professor of engineering and technology management, wrote this article. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/4901794.html
- “Outside consultant,” Star Tribune, Aug. 2, 2004. John McVea of the Entrepreneurship Department offers business advice. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/4900051.html
- “Editorial: Reopen doors/U.S. needs foreign students,” Star Tribune, Aug. 3, 2004. “Not even the personal endorsement of the president of the college [Humphrey Tusimiirwe] had chosen, the University of St. Thomas, and the availability of a scholarship there could cut through the screen put up by federal immigration authorities, who claimed he had insufficient proof that he would return to Uganda after graduation. It finally took the intervention of U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman to bring him to the St. Paul campus last January.” http://www.startribune.com/stories/561/4907653.html
- “Save our neighborhood from St. Thomas campus expansion,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 3, 2004. Here’s an op-ed piece by a campus neighbor. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/opinion/9303707.htm
- “Will ‘Justifying Torture’ Be On The Final Exam? St. Thomas’s New Law School Hire,” City Pages, Aug. 4, 2004. A Twin Cities alternative weekly takes issue with the December 2003 hiring of UST School of Law faculty member Robert Delahunty. http://www.citypages.com/databank/25/1235/article12354.asp
- “Summit Avenue feud ends in accord,” Star Tribune, Aug. 5, 2004. http://www.startribune.com/stories/1592/4911356.html
See also: “St. Thomas compromise,” a graphic illustrating the expansion area, Star Tribune, Aug. 5, 2004. http://www.startribune.com/stories/1608/4912776.html
- “Accord restores collegial relations,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 5, 2004. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/9322059.htm
- “Youth gathering, dedication and Shieldsville church consecration made for a great day,” The Catholic Spirit, Aug. 5, 2004. Here is a column by Archbishop Harry Flynn about a Catholic youth conference held at St. Thomas. http://www.thecatholicspirit.com/archives.php?article=2671