UST in the news
Here’s a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- “Minneapolis: Aquatennial queen crowned,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 24, 2004. Among the princesses is Amanda Spaeth, who is studying health and human performance and Catholic studies at UST. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/9231251.htm
- “Outside consultant,” Star Tribune, July 26, 2004. Adjunct instructor Jean Hartman offers business advice. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/4890360.html
- “St. Paul school administrator believes well students do better,” Star Tribune, July 26, 2004. Raymond Yu, called “one of the St. Paul schools’ rising administrative stars,” has a master’s degree from St. Thomas. http://www.startribune.com/stories/1592/4894014.html
- “Coming up in local government this week,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 27, 2004. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/9249670.htm
- “Eagan pair help put faith and music in harmony,” Star Tribune, July 28, 2004. David Haas ’92 and Marty Haugen, M.A. ’91, are two of the most prominent liturgical composers in their field. http://www.startribune.com/stories/332/4894599.html
- “Accord closer on St. Thomas plans,” Star Tribune, July 29, 2004. http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4900305.html
- “Council postpones decision on school’s expansion plans,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 29, 2004. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/local/9267905.htm
- “ Technology still finding its place in training,” Monitor on Psychology (magazine of the American Psychological Association), July/August 2004. The article highlights the use of technology in internship programs, and specifically, a videotape developed by the St. Thomas ‘ pre-doctoral internship program. http://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug04/technology.html
- Visit the St. Thomas libraries’ database site and choose Lexis Nexis to read these obituaries of Eoin McKiernan (because these stories are older than a week, they may not be accessible free unless you use Lexis Nexis):
- “ Eoin McKiernan, 89; promoted Irish culture, language,” Boston Globe, July 23, 2004.
- “Inspiring doyen of Irish studies in the US ,” Irish Times, July 24, 2004.
- “ Eoin McKiernan, 89; leading Irish-American,” Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, July 22, 2004.
- “ Eoin McKiernan, 89; Led Efforts to Revive Irish Culture in U.S. ,” Los Angeles Times, July 22, 2004.
- “Election year mixes racing, politics,” Star Tribune, July 30, 2004. “Hansen’s son, Todd, drives the Late Models at I-94 Raceway in Sauk Centre, Fergus Falls and Raceway Park. He is leading the points race at Fergus and I-94. Todd will be a senior this fall at the University of St. Thomas, where he’s majoring in business. According to his dad, Todd’s politics tend to be conservative, which has made the sponsorship more interesting.” http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/4902125.html