UST in the news
Here’s this week’s roundup of stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
You will be able to read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to "archive" status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Editors
- “Make or break point near for St. Thomas expansion compromise,” November 2002, Merriam Park Post.
- “A game with spirit: A Muslim mom has invented a family board game that combines fun and faith,” Nov. 19, 2002, St. Paul Pioneer Press. According to this story, UST has bought several sets of Race to the Kabah, a board game about Islam.
"Calendar," Nov. 20, 2002, The Catholic Spirit.
- “A window to heaven,” Nov. 20, 2002, The Catholic Spirit. This story about icons quotes Golden Valley iconographer Nicholas Markell, an ’84 St. Thomas alumnus.
- “St. Paul: Cop fires shot at fleeing suspect,” Nov. 22, 2002, St. Paul Pioneer Press.
- “Weekly planner,” Nov. 22, 2002, St. Paul Pioneer Press. This business calendar contains an event at UST.
- “U.S. colleges with the largest numbers of students studying abroad in 2000-01, by type of institution,” Nov. 22, 2002, Chronicle of Higher Education. UST ranks second among master’s institutions.
- “College basketball results,” Nov. 23, 2002.
- “Geiger: Marshall Field’s adds electronic directories to St. Paul store,” Nov. 23, 2002, Star Tribune. Bob Geiger’s marketing column also includes a few paragraphs about layoffs at the Clarity Coverdale Fury agency, which counts UST among its clients.
- “Un-manufacturing jobs,” Nov. 24, 2002, Minnesota Public Radio. Dr. Fred Zimmerman, Programs in Engineering and Technology Management, was interviewed.
- “Business calendar,” Nov. 24, 2002, Star Tribune. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3446193.html
- “Bob Sansevere: Mike Grant’s prowess suits his pedigree,” Nov. 24, 2002. Grant, football coach at Eden Prairie High School and son of the legendary Minnesota Vikings coach Bud Grant, says he was interviewed the last two times UST was looking for a football coach, but “they couldn’t hire a Johnnie.”
- “The ugly truth,” Nov. 24, 2002, St. Paul Pioneer Press. Here’s a fun page-one Sunday story featuring research by Dr. Britain Scott and Dr. Gregory Robinson-Riegler of the UST Psychology Department.
- “Top-ranked Trinity ousts Scots,” Nov. 25, 2002, St. Paul Pioneer Press. And the Tommie women lost in a shootout to top-ranked Ohio Wesleyan in the NCAA Division III soccer semifinals. They finished an excellent season 14-2-2.
- “Metro habits of holiday shoppers,” Nov. 26, 2002, Star Tribune. Here’s a brief about the holiday retail spending research of Dr. Dave Brennan and Dr. Lorman Lundsten of the UST Marketing Department. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3456466.html
- “Spending steady,” Nov. 26, 2002, St. Paul Pioneer Press. The Pioneer Press outhustled the Star Tribune on this one, running an extensive story with graphics about Lundsten and Brennan’s research on
Page 1 of its business section.