UST in the news
Heres a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at
- “Educator’s departure stirs hard feelings at St. Thomas Academy,” Star Tribune, Aug. 17, 2003. St. Thomas Academy was founded in 1885 and was moved to Mendota Heights from its former location at the University of St. Thomas.
- “Dick Youngblood: Art Holdings Inc. matches corporations, art,” Star Tribune, Aug. 17, 2003. “Greg Hennes, a 1985 economics graduate of the University of St. Thomas, is different: He’ll truly appreciate the beauty of the piece then he’ll start pondering its economic value.”
- “Bob Sansevere: Gagliardi at 400 and counting,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 17, 2003. “If the Johnnies win their first seven games, a decent possibility seeing as how they’re considered the best team in Division III, Gagliardi will have a chance to tie Robinson on his 77th birthday if he wins at St. Thomas.”
- “Market on the move,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 19, 2003. Dr. George Karvel, of the UST College of Business, comments.
- “Shooter,” Charley Walters’ sports column in the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 19, 2003, includes the following: “The University of St. Thomas, which has a grass surface on its football field, is considering switching to the same artificial grass turf as the Gophers’ practice facility.”
- “Summer programs help Catholic young people build faith, make friends,” Catholic News Service, Aug. 18, 2003. The article includes mentions of the youth conference hosted at St. Thomas by Franciscan University of Steubenville.
- “As church-approved gay support group meets, protesters gather,” Catholic News Service, Aug. 20, 2003. Here’s a CNS brief about the Courage conference Aug. 7-10 at St. Thomas. http://www.catholicnews.com/data/briefs/cns/20030820.htm#head5
- Courage meeting promotes chastity for homosexuals, despite protests, The Catholic Spirit, Aug. 21, 2003. http://www.thecatholicspirit.com/archives.php?article=1470
- St. Philip pastor paints way to health, community outreach, The Catholic Spirit, Aug. 21, 2003. Heres a column about Father Greg Tolaas, former campus minister at UST. http://www.thecatholicspirit.com/archives.php?article=1468
- “Obituary: Pauline Lambert, 67, was dean at St. Thomas,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Aug. 22, 2003.
- “St. Thomas leader Pauline Lambert dies at age 67,” Star Tribune, Aug. 22, 2003.
- “Minnesota colleges ranked among best by magazine,” Star Tribune, Aug. 22, 2003.