UST in the news
Here’s a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at
- “White-collar criminals confess their sins at CLE at local church,” Minnesota Lawyer, July 7, 2003. The story details a June 30 St. Thomas program on white-collar crime.
- WCCO-AM radio, July 25, 2003. Dr. Paul Schons, Modern and Classical Languages, was interviewed on the topic of a poll published in the German newspaper Die Zeit; the poll concerned German attitudes toward America after Sept. 11, 2001, and the war in Iraq. (Not available online.)
Life as a St. Paul nanny: Counting in kid time,” Star Tribune, July 26, 2003. Lindsey Brown, 25, a graduate student in UST’s Master of Arts in English program, is profiled. http://www.startribune.com/stories/389/4003153.html
- “City edition letters: Student housing, neighborhood conflicts debated,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 27, 2003.
- “Dave Beal: Performance game goes on,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 27, 2003. Dr. Christopher Puto, dean of the UST College of Business, is quoted.
- “Number of mortgage refinancings drops,” Star Tribune, July 31, 2003. Tom Hamilton, associate professor of real estate at St. Thomas, is quoted.
- “Taster’s choice: A hint of sweetness refreshes these whites,” Star Tribune, July 31, 2003. Among the featured wines in this column is one produced by the
Gainey Vineyard in California. Yes, it’s the same family for whom UST’s Daniel C. Gainey Conference Center in Owatonna is named. http://www.startribune.com/stories/438/4011914.html