Here’s a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status. If a link has expired, you’re welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries’ website. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s website in order to access the full text.
The list below is by no means exhaustive. If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- “Across the divide: Istanbul,” Star Tribune, October 16, 2010. Lynda McDonnell of the UST ThreeSixty journalism program, along with the Star Tribune’s Steve Brandt, shares insights on a spring 2010 trip to Turkey.
- “Letting minors drink? Party’s over, St. Paul police say,” Pioneer Press, October 17, 2010. “The social-host ordinance makes it a misdemeanor to host a party where underage people use or possess alcohol. Hosts are responsible for making sure everyone at a party is old enough to drink legally.”
- “Children’s, Allina to run new $50M birth center,” Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, October 18, 2010. “Allina Hospitals & Clinics and Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota have revived plans to build a jointly operated birth center in Minneapolis.”
- “Somali refugee gives back,” Star Tribune, October 18, 2010. “When applying to a competitive youth journalism program five years ago, Ibrahim Hirsi promised to use his knowledge to start a newspaper at Wellstone International High School and to one day write articles for his community and college newspapers. Hirsi did all those things.”
- “Good Samaritan is booked as a peeper in St. Paul,” Star Tribune, October 19, 2010. “State court records also showed that the man who tried to halt a domestic assault in July…was arrested and booked on a felony count of invasion of privacy, or peeping, after a resident in the 200 block of Selby Avenue in St. Paul reported seeing him looking into a neighbor’s window.”