UST in the news
Here’s a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to •archive• status, so be sure to read stories soon if you•re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at
- “Eckstrom: St. Thomas educator opposes easing time limitations on abuse suits,” Star Tribune, July 5, 2003. Patrick Schiltz of the UST School of Law is interviewed for this Religion News Service story.
The story also was published by the St. Paul Pioneer Press on July 12; see
- “At a glance: Minnesota’s key stone deposits,” Star Tribune, July 6, 2003. Cited as examples of dolomite limestone are the Stone Arch Bridge and the Wells Fargo Center, both in Minneapolis, and the University of St. Thomas campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul. http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/3969123.html
- “Louise Sharer,” Star Tribune, July 6, 2003. Here’s a short profile on Sharer, senior vice president of marketing for RSM McGladrey Business Services, Minneapolis; she has an MBA from St. Thomas.
- “Business people,” Star Tribune, July 6, 2003. “HEI Inc., Victoria, named as directors Michael Evers, dean emeritus and professor of strategic management at the University of St. Thomas, and George Heenan, director of the Institute for Strategic Management, University of St. Thomas.”
- “John R. Roach, longtime archbishop, dead at 81,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 11, 2003.
- Former Archbishop John Roach dies, Star Tribune, July 11, 2003. Heres the Associated Press obituary about Archbishop Roach. http://www.startribune.com/stories/468/3983473.html
- “Facts about Archbishop John R. Roach,” Star Tribune, July 11, 2003. http://www.startribune.com/stories/468/3983539.html
- “John Roach: A life of both highs, lows,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, July 12, 2003.
- “Outlook for spring graduates,” Star Tribune, July 14, 2003. Dr. Christopher Puto, dean of the College of Business, is quoted in this career column.
- “Urban Journalism Workshop articles,” Star Tribune, July 14, 2003. Here’s some background on the Urban Journalism Workshop for high school students, held at St. Thomas.
- “Music downloading hits recording industry where it hurts,” Star Tribune, July 14, 2003. This story, written by an Urban Journalism Workshop student, quotes UST students.
- “Business calendar,” Star Tribune, July 14, 2003.