UST in the news
Here’s a roundup of recent St. Thomas mentions of interest in various media. Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, and if links have expired, you’re welcome to purchase access to the stories or use a search engine such as Lexis Nexis, available on the UST Libraries’ Web site. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access full text.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com.
- "Robust job market projected for MBA graduates," Finance & Commerce, March 27, 2008. http://www.finance-commerce.com/article.cfm/2008/03/27/Robust-job-market-projected-for-MBA-graduates
- "Spring break of service: Students at the University of St. Thomas give back during their time off," The Catholic Spirit, April 1, 2008. http://thecatholicspirit.com/main.asp?SectionID=79&SubSectionID=104&ArticleID=1697&TM=53366.85
- "4 attorneys involved in Watergate case to speak at St. Thomas," KXMC TV, Minot, N.D., April 1, 2008. http://www.kxmc.com/News/224506.asp This Associated Press story also appeared in the St. Paul Pioneer Press, among other papers.
- "Second suspect sought in attempted abduction ," KARE-11 TV, April 2, 2008. Dr. John Tauer, Psychology Department, explains the "bystander effect." http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=503117
- "Considering McCain’s age: ageism or a fair question?" Minnpost, April 3, 2008. Dr. Kevin Sauter of the UST Communication and Journalism Department comments. http://www.minnpost.com/stories/2008/04/03/1364/considering_mccains_age_ageism_or_a_fair_question
- Literary calendar, St. Paul Pioneer Press, April 6, 2008. http://www.twincities.com//ci_8795619
- "St. Louis pays big for unused sick time, St. Louis ( Mo.) Post-Dispatch, April 6, 2008. "’You’ve, like, got better than a 401(k) here,’ said Peter Ronza, benefits manager for the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn." http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/A976826C7832E70C86257422001B9E56?OpenDocument
- "Euro’s rise hits home," St. Paul Pioneer Press, April 6, 2008. ‘"Certainly if it’s a huge run up in cost, ultimately they have to pass on some of it,’ said David Brennan, co-director of The Institute for Retailing Excellence at the University of St. Thomas. ‘In some cases what they’ll do is let it slide or do a gradual increase but the longer the dollar stays weak the more they have to bite the bullet and raise prices.’" http://www.twincities.com//ci_8820964
- Charley Walters’ column, St. Paul Pioneer Press, April 6, 2008. Sports columnist Walters wrote, " In order to buy Wild playoff tickets, Ross Baumgarten, 23, a senior at the University of St. Thomas majoring in accounting, began camping outside the Xcel Energy Center on Thursday night after Minnesota’s victory over Calgary. ‘I was the first guy,’ Baumgarten, of Willmar, Minn., said Saturday morning, when tickets went on sale." http://www.twincities.com//ci_8825725
- "Shoreview official won awards for cable TV work," St. Paul Pioneer Press, April 7, 2008. Larry Morrisette, 73, was a St. Thomas alumnus. http://www.twincities.com//ci_8834666
- "Local poet to receive award," Leinster ( Ireland) Express, April 7, 2008. http://www.laoistoday.ie/news/Local-poet-to-receive-award.3956306.jp