UST in the news
Here’s a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to “archive” status, so be sure to read stories soon if you’re interested. In some cases, you’ll need to register on the publication’s Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at
- “Dear heart,” St. Paul Pioneer Feb. 27, 2003. Here’s a review of the newly published memoir, Waiting With Gabriel, by Amy Kuebelbeck, who is married to Mark Neuzil, chair of the UST Journalism and Mass Communication Department.
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/living/5268087.htm An excerpt accompanied this story: http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/living/5268085.htm
- “Area roundup: Carleton women advance in playoffs,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 27, 2003. Unfortunately, the Tommies’ women basketball team didn’t.
- “Hot tickets,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 28, 2003. Singer/songwriter John McCutcheon performs here April 5.
- “Colleges grading venture capital on tougher curve,” Star Tribune, Feb. 28, 2003. “The University of St. Thomas got out of venture capital in 1995 when it wound down investments in a self-created portfolio of 10 young companies, said Michael Sullivan, chief investment officer and an associate professor of finance in its business school.” http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3724039.html
- “Basketball camps,” Star Tribune, Feb. 28, 2003. Noted is Johnny Tauer’s Championship Basketball Camp, to be held at UST in July. http://www.startribune.com/stories/1677/3725233.html
- “Music camps,” Star Tribune, Feb. 28, 2003. Noted is UST’s Children’s Choral Camp in June.
- “Classical music calendar, Star Tribune, Feb. 28, 2003. http://www.startribune.com/stories/389/3674740.html
- “The Fighting Irish,” The American Legion magazine, March 2003. Jim Rogers of the UST Center for Irish Studies, is quoted in this article about “The Troubles” in Northern Ireland. (Not available online to nonsubscribers, but if you want to subscribe, click here:
- “Serving as a Director of a Manufacturing Company,” Directors Monthly, the newsletter of the National Association of Corporate Directors, March 2003. Dr. Fred Zimmerman, Programs in Engineering and Technology Management, is the author of this article. (Full text not available online yet to nonsubscribers but may be available in six months or more at
- “Faith & Values calendar,” Star Tribune, March 1, 2003. The calendar notes a St. Thomas talk by Father Michael Perry, O.F.M., African policy adviser for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- “Area men: Gustavus whips Tommies for title,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, March 2, 2003. The MIAC basketball title eluded the Tommies this year.
- “Calendar,” Star Tribune, March 2, 2003. The calendar notes UST’s hosting of the Middle School Science Olympiad.
- “Business calendar,” Star Tribune, March 2, 2003. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3723678.html
- “Business people,” Star Tribune, March 2, 2003. Among directors of the Minnesota/South Dakota chapter of Certified Commercial Investment Members of the National Association of Realtors is Thomas Musil of UST’s Center for Real Estate Education.
- “Business calendar,” Star Tribune, March 3, 2003. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3725833.html
- “Woman hopes to climb her own ladder of success,” Star Tribune, March 3, 2003. This business owner “agreed to share her business plan with experts at the University of St. Thomas, who will critique it and give her some advice.”http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3726678.html See the accompanying advice here:
- “Student housing ideas hope to ease strain on neighborhoods,” Star Tribune, March 4, 2003.
- “Neal St. Anthony/On Business: Agents build impressive record on white-collar crime,” Star Tribune, March 4, 2003. FBI special agent and St. Thomas alumnus Mike Dudley was among the winners of the US Attorney’s Law Enforcement Award.