UST in the news
Heres a roundup of recent stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
Read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to archive status, so be sure to read stories soon if youre interested. In some cases, youll need to register on the publications Web site in order to access the stories.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at
- “Scandals create opportunities,” Star Tribune, Feb. 9, 2003. Richard Sathe, chair of UST’s Accounting Department in the College of Business, is quoted.
- “2003 Worktrends survey of 10,000 U.S. workers uncovers optimism in U.S. workforce,” Star Tribune, Feb. 13, 2003. This PR Newswire-distributed story quotes Ron James of the Center for Ethical Business Cultures. To access the story, search for keyword "Worktrends" from this page: http://www.prnewswire.com/news/
- “Weekly planner,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 14, 2003. This calendar includes several meetings and events at St. Thomas.
- “Events calendar,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 14, 2003.
- Obituary: Daniel Coughlan, advocate of ‘fair bus bill’ and donor of stone for University of St. Thomas buildings. Star Tribune, Feb. 14, 2003. Daniel, 77, was a brother of the late Thomas Coughlan, who served on St. Thomas’ board of trustees.
- “Faith and Values calendar,” Star Tribune, Feb. 15, 2003. The calendar included a talk at St. Thomas by Helen Alvaré, who chairs the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops Committee on the Protection of Children and Clerical Misconduct.(The talk was canceled yesterday because Alvaré was unable to get to the Twin Cities from snow-bound Washington, D.C.)
- “Business people,” Star Tribune, Feb. 16, 2003. The column notes that the Twin Cities chapter of the American Society for Training and Development named Julie Berg, St. Paul Seminary School of Divinity, as its communications director.
- “Business calendar,” Star Tribune, Feb. 16, 2003. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3650451.html
- “Downtown Target store boosts Nicollet Mall traffic,” Star Tribune, Feb. 17, 2003. A consultant on downtown Minneapolis pedestrian traffic trends also notes that UST’s new law school building will contribute to 5 to 10 percent pedestrian traffic growth downtown.
- “Business calendar,” Star Tribune, Feb. 17, 2003. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3654742.html
- “Retail: Pedestrians tread to Target,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Feb. 17, 2003.
- “’83 Hylanders had their own Miracle on Ice,” Star Tribune, Feb. 18, 2003. This story, about the 1983 Columbia Heights hockey team’s trip to the state high school hockey tourney, notes that one of team’s members, Tom Palkowski, is now an assistant women’s hockey coach at UST.