UST in the news
Heres this weeks roundup of stories of interest that mention St. Thomas.
You will be able to read the stories by clicking on the links. Links do expire and change as papers move stories to archive status, so be sure to read stories soon if youre interested.
If you see a story about St. Thomas and would like us to include mention of it, be sure to drop us a note at email@example.com. Editors
- “What do you see?” Precision Manufacturing, the magazine of the Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association, November-December 2002. Dr. Fred Zimmerman of UST’s Programs in Engineering and Technology Management wrote this cover story, in which he suggests opportunities for innovation in today’s cautious business environment.
- “Pawlenty fills transition team with moderate, conservative Republicans,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Nov. 26, 2002. Dr. Bob Brown of UST’s School of Education is a member of the governor-elect’s transition committee.
- “Pawlentys transition team leans center-right,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Nov. 27, 2002.
- “Pawlenty names his ‘board of directors,’” Star Tribune, Nov. 27, 2002.
- “Pawlenty Transition Advisory Committee,” Star Tribune, Nov. 27, 2002. Here are short bios on each committee member, including UST’s Dr. Bob Brown.
- “College basketball roundup,” Star Tribune, Nov. 27, 2002. http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/3459800.html
- “Letters to the editor,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Nov. 27, 2002. St. Thomas alum Ed Viehman ’73 spins his thoughts about the proposed Macalester windmill turbine.
- “Hoosiers tip Zags after blowing big lead,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Nov. 27, 2002. This sports column also includes a summary of the St. Thomas-Northwestern men’s basketball game.
- “Division III schools worry about athletics influence,” Star Tribune, Nov. 29, 2002. UST’s Athletic Director Steve Fritz is quoted.
- “Survey: Twin Cities shoppers give gift cards as holiday presents,” Star Tribune, Nov. 29, 2002. This Associated Press story reports results of holiday shopping research by the University of St. Thomas Institute for Retailing Excellence.
- “Minnesotas private colleges seek new ways to make themselves stand apart,” Star Tribune, Nov. 29, 2002. According to the story, “In Minnesota, no private school has been more successful at marketing than the University of St. Thomas.”
- “Weekly planner,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Nov. 29, 2002. Included is a session hosted by UST’s Center for Nonprofit Management. http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/4632294.htm
- “Demand grows for gift cards,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Nov. 29, 2002. “Nearly nine out of 10 Twin Cities shoppers plan to give gift certificates, including gift cards, as a part of their holiday spending this year, according to survey released this week by the University of St. Thomas Institute for Retailing Excellence.”
- “Rubén Rosario: Agency offers hero-a-month calendar,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Nov. 29, 2002. The 2003 “Everyday Angels” calendar includes a St. Thomas alumnus John Vo.
- “Twin Cities shoppers seek deals,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Nov. 30, 2002. “For example, 60 percent of Twin Cities shoppers plan to spend the same as last year, while 33 percent plan to spend a little less or much less, a
ccording to a survey released this week by the University of St. Thomas Institute for Retailing Excellence.”
- “Scoreboard,” Star Tribune, Dec. 1, 2002. The column contains UST weekend hockey scores.
- “Business forum: Corporate volunteerism can be educational year-round,” Star Tribune, Dec. 1, 2002. This opinion piece contains a quote from Ron James, who directs the Center for Ethical Business Cultures at UST. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3458989.html
- “Business calendar,” Star Tribune, Dec. 1, 2002. The column contains a program by UST’s Small Business Development Center. http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3459600.html
- “Sid Hartman: Former Vikings coordinator coaches Vick,” Star Tribune, Dec. 2, 2002. Hartman also notes that Atlanta Falcons’ kicker Jay Feely is the grandson of former St. Thomas basketball coach Tom Feely. http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/3468400.html
- “Vikings notes: A stadium in suburbs is McCombs desire,” Star Tribune, Dec. 2, 2002. This story also notes that Atlanta Falcons’ kicker Jay Feely is the grandson of former St. Thomas basketball coach Tom Feely. http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/3468433.html
- “Business calendar,” Star Tribune, Dec. 2, 2002. The column includes mention of an information session about UST’s Master of International Management Program.
- “Manufacturing downturn hits entire state,” Star Tribune, Dec. 2, 2002. This story includes comments by Dr. Fred Zimmerman, UST Programs in Engineering and Technology Management.
- “Twin Cities technology events,” St. Paul Pioneer Press, Dec. 2, 2002. A ColdFusion user group meets here.