The St. Catherine University Department of Music and Theater will stage “The Bride of Brackenloch! A Ghastly Gothic Thriller?” by Rick Abbot, as its fall production.
This comical spoof of all those gothic novels – where the husband is brooding and the bride is unsuspecting – transports the audience to the gloomy Scottish moors where the Brackenloch Manor looms over the land. A murderer is on the loose, a secret lurks in the loch, and a deadly curse awaits any bride of Jabez Thorngall, Lord of Brackenloch Manor. Who will solve the mystery?
Performances will be held in Frey Theater on the St. Catherine University campus, 2004 Randolph Ave., St. Paul.
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Oct. 31-Nov. 3
- 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 4
Tickets are $10 for general admission and free for all ACTC students, faculty and staff with a valid ACTC ID. To reserve tickets call (651) 690-6700.
The season opener is directed by Teresa Lyons-Hegdahl, St. Kate’s director of theater.
Cast and crew
- UST students – Mary Conway, Joe Feely, Lindy Fischer and Willie Hustead
- SCU students – Kelsey Barnhill, Olivia Hood, Emily Quanrud, Elora Riley and Heidi Robertson
- SCU staff member – Catherine Flowers
- Community member – Matthew Erickson