The Faculty Center for eLearning will host the Teaching With Technology Showcase, a one-day event that highlights the use of instructional technology at St. Thomas.
The showcase will be held from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 11, in Room 102, O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center. Lunch will be provided.
Due to the limited number of seats (20), full-day registrations will receive priority.
To register for the full-day event, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching With Technology Showcase topics:
- “Shades of Gray: How FERPA, Copyright and Other Legal Issues Impact Technology Use in the Classroom,” led by Joann Martyn Golas, instructional design consultant, DePaul University
- “Wikis in the Classroom,” led by Martin Warren, College of Arts and Sciences
- “A Day in the Life of an Online Professor,” led by Candace Chou, School of Education
- “A Part-Time Professor’s Potpourri: Don’t Twitter Your Life Away,” led by Tom King, School of Education
- “Using Adobe Presenter to Reduce the Class Time Devoted to Lecturing,” led by Isaac Alderman, Theology
A complete schedule of the day is available on the center’s Web site.