Seven forums will be held next week for faculty and staff and students to learn more about the process to find a successor to Father Dennis Dease and to offer their opinions on qualities they seek in a new president.
John M. Morrison, a member of the Board of Trustees, will chair the 13-person search committee, which will include nine trustees, three faculty members and one member of the administrative staff.
St. Thomas’ bylaws and the Board of Trustees govern the membership of a presidential search committee. In recognition of the university’s principles of shared governance, the search committee chair will appoint the three faculty members in consultation with the Faculty Affairs Committee, which will communicate with faculty about the process by which faculty will be selected.
Sara Gross Methner, general counsel and chief human resources officer, will serve as staff to the search committee.
Here is the forum schedule:
Monday, May 14
- Faculty forums: 8:30-9:30 a.m., Schulze Hall auditorium, Room 120, in Minneapolis, with simulcast in Owens Science Hall auditorium, Room 150, in St. Paul; and 1-2 p.m. in Owens Science Hall auditorium, with simulcast in Schulze Hall auditorium.
- Staff forums: 10-11 a.m., Schulze Hall auditorium, with simulcast in Owens Science Hall auditorium; and 2:30-3:30 p.m., Owens Science Hall auditorium, with simulcast in Schulze Hall auditorium.
- Student forum: Noon-12:45 p.m., Schoenecker Arena. Pizza will be served.
Thursday, May 17
- Staff forum: 1-2 p.m., O’Shaughnessy Educational Center auditorium.
- Faculty forum: 2:30-3:30 p.m., O’Shaughnessy Educational Center auditorium.
Witt/Kieffer, an executive search firm based in Oak Brook, Ill., will assist St. Thomas with the search and lead the forums next week. The firm seeks input on the following questions:
- What is unique and distinctive about St. Thomas?
- What are the top five items for the next president to address?
- What qualities, qualifications and experiences would it take for the next president to successfully address these items?
Individuals unable to attend a forum can email their answers to the questions directly to Witt/Kieffer at USTPresident@wittkieffer.com.