Sociology and Criminal Justice Department to host advising session March 14
From Dr. Meg Wilkes Karraker
Sociology and Criminal Justice Department
Do you need advice about declaring a sociology, criminal justice or law enforcement major or minor? Then you are invited to meet with me, Meg Wilkes Karraker, department chair; Dr. Peter Parilla, law enforcement education coordinator; and Brett Lawler, president, Sociology and Criminal Justice Club, at a special group advising session.
This session will be held from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday, March 14, in Room 438, O’Shaughnessy Educational Center.
Here’s what you can do at this meeting:
- Meet faculty in the Sociology and Criminal Justice Department
- Fill out a major or minor field card and be matched with an academic adviser (if you don’t already have one)
- Learn about major and minor field requirements
- Talk about sequencing courses (including those offered only once a year)
- Explore some career and research resources
- Sign up for the Sociology and Criminal Justice Club
- Drink pop and eat pretzels