The University of St. Thomas Small Business Institute is accepting applications for participation in the fall 2013 semester.
The purpose of the UST Small Business Institute is to contribute to a healthy regional business climate in a way that is mutually beneficial to both business and the St. Thomas community.
Specific functions of the SBI:
- To help its small business clients improve their performance and profitability via high-quality business consultations with SBI’s expert faculty and professional staff.
- To create unique and rich learning opportunities for students as they apply their knowledge and skills to real-world business situations.
Benefits of the program for the business owner or nonprofit manager:
- Access to a diverse pool of expert faculty (many are experienced consultants in their fields) and highly trained business students capable of conducting cutting-edge consulting projects.
- Affordable consulting rates that are pro-rated based on the annual revenue of the client’s business.
- Confidentiality of the client’s business ideas and problems guaranteed by St. Thomas’ code of ethics and signing of a Confidentiality Agreement by the consulting team.