The Public Safety Department would like to inform the UST community of a robbery reportedly at gunpoint that occurred off campus.
Two female UST students were outside Plums Bar & Grill near the intersection of Snelling and Randolph avenues in St. Paul at midnight Thursday, Sept. 7. A black male approached them with a nylon mask covering his face and demanded their purses stating “Drop your purse. I have a gun. I will shoot you.” The male then fled from the area with the purses.
The male is described as:
- Race: Black
- Sex: Male
- Age: Late 20s
- Height: 58"
- Build: Stocky/muscular
- Hair: Unknown
- Clothing: Dark clothing
- Other: Deep, forceful voice
The St. Paul Police Department is actively investigating this case. If you have any information about this crime, you are urged to call the St. Paul Police at (651) 291-1111 or the Department of Public Safety Investigator Brock Rasmussen at (651) 962-5106.
The following are crime-prevention tips that may prevent you from being a victim of this crime:
- Walk with groups of people. There is safety in numbers.
- Stay in populated, well-lit streets and parking lots. Avoid isolated areas.
If you are held up:
- Dont resist. No amount of money is worth taking chances with your life.
- Dont take risks. You can never tell if a robber is armed.
- Report these crimes immediately to Public Safety and the police. Try to remember the description of the perpetrator which includes approximate age, height, weight and details on hair, clothing, jewelry, scars, tattoos — anything noticeable.