The Luann Dummer Center for Women provides an annual scholarship of $1,000 to a qualified womens studies major or minor.
To apply for this scholarship, students must:
- Have officially declared a major or minor in womens studies.
- Have completed or currently be enrolled in WMST 205, Foundations of Womens Studies.
- Submit an essay, report or project, developed in a classroom context, that addresses a womens studies topic. Include a cover letter that explains the value of that project or essay in light of their education in womens studies.
- Submit an unofficial transcript.
- Submit a sealed and signed envelope with a letter of support from a womens studies faculty member.
The review committee for this award will evaluate applications based on the students academic strength and financial need.
Applications for scholarships for the 2000-2001 academic year must be received by Dr. Ann Johnson, director of womens studies, Mail # 4020, no later than Nov. 15, 2000.
For additional information, please contact Johnson at (651) 962-5035 or send her an e-mail.