Scholarship available for women’s studies majors, minors
The Luann Dummer Center for Women provides an annual $1,000 scholarship to a qualified women’s studies major or minor.
To apply for this scholarship, students must:
- Have officially declared a major or minor in women’s studies
- Have completed or be enrolled in WMST 205, Foundations of Women’s Studies
- Submit an essay, report or project developed in a classroom context that addresses a women’s studies topic, with a cover letter that explains the value of that project or essay in light of their education in women’s studies
- Submit an unofficial transcript
- Submit, in a sealed signed envelope, a letter of support from a women’s studies faculty member
The review committee for this award will evaluate applications based on the student’s academic strength and financial need.
Applications for scholarships for the 2004-2005 academic year must be received by Dr. Jill Manske, director of women’s studies, Mail OWS 390, no later than Monday, Nov. 15, 2004.
For additional information, contact Manske, (651) 962-5237.