Do you have a bike on campus? The Public Safety Department will evaluate for removal all bicycles parked on campus through Friday, July 2.
Removal will be based on the following criteria:
- Is it secured to a bike rack? Bikes secured to an object on campus other than an authorized bike rack will be removed.
- Bicycles parked at a bike rack that appear abandoned, neglected, in inoperable condition, or unsecured will be removed.
The standard process for the summer removal of bicycles is:
- A public announcement is made.
- Each bicycle is tagged for removal.
- Locks are cut and bicycles removed to storage for a minimum of 30 days.
- Bicycles after minimum storage time are subject to donation or disposal.
To reclaim a removed bike, call Public Safety, (651) 962-5100. Bicycles can be registered for free on the Public Safety website.